Center Groton Fire Department
In Service and protecting our community since 1946

Welcome to the Center Groton Volunteer Fire Department

Our first piece of fire apparatus was a 1928 Chrysler Sedan which had been converted to a pickup truck fitted with a 100 gallon water tank to supply brush tanks.  It was housed in the Fire Chief’s basement garage and remained un-insured as insurance companies refused to insure it due to its age.  In 1946 the Company obtained our first piece of conventional fire equipment, a 1920 Reo 4-cylinder pumper with a broken motor block found behind a gas station in Salem.  It was purchased for $40 and the engine was replaced with one donated by a Fire Company member.  Ground was broken for our firehouse on Sept. 21, 1947.  Today we operate five pieces of fire apparatus - a heavy rescue, engine/tanker, engine, brush truck and a service vehicle.

 

Since our modest beginning, we have continued to protect our community with an all-volunteer force of dedicated members of the community.  

Groton, CT 06340

 

 

FOR THE FIRE DISTRICT:

DISTRICT PRES. KATHEE IVEY

 

FOR THE FIRE COMPANY:

CHIEF DEREK FAUNTLEROY

 

FIRE MARSHALL RICHARD BRANCHE